Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Wiki uses

So I looked at the wikis. All of them seem to have some value point. I liked all the information on the one about the ALA Annual Conference. I liked the tips for travel information and the orientation page.

Even though many can contribute, I still think it's a lot to stay on top of. It is good you can write without having to know html or some type of code, but somehow you have to stay on top of who is making the comments. It's good you can name who can actually write or edit the wiki to have these types of controls.

Of course I know we're using the wiki for policies, etc. on the Intranet. I think that will be a good use. Now comes the problem - You can lead a horse to water, but you can't make it drink. Some people will not open the Intranet to view the policies. However, we can't let that thwart the progress we can make. Each person chooses his or her own way. So on with the wiki publishing and may it go well for all!

No comments:

Post a Comment