Thursday, May 7, 2009

Final thoughts on Technology Tapas

WOW I'M DONE! I didn't think I'd make it through. Especially when I started. I was overwhelmed and often frustrated. I'm still overwhelmed. There's just so much information out there and so many ways to get it. In some ways it's scary, but who says you have to do it all NOW? It's good to know I can do it and by bits - just like the title Technology Tapas - little bits. I have to thank Bob and Andrea, they made this fairly easy and it is good exposure to the stuff. It was good to try to do the 7 1/2 habits that we learned about in one of the first lessons. I actually fulfilled what I had written in my contract.

I don't think I'll use RSS feeds or even any kind of personal wiki, but I like knowing what they are and a little about how they work. I never thought I'd use Delicious - but I'm rethinking that. I had a class with a graphic designer who gave us information on his Delicious account. The first thing I thought (because I'd had the lesson on bookmarking and tagging) was that I could "stalk" him and get all his bookmarks about graphics and design. YEA!

I like the centrality of information on things like YouTube and Flickr. Even seeing all the podcasts made me think of how I could apply lifelong learning through listening to different podcasts.

Guess this does it for me. I liked learning about the different things. I'm still investigating open source stuff and I've already started using Google docs consistently for lessons and stuff I do.

For anyone who is reading this wondering if they'll ever finish. Keep on keeping on. You'll do it.
Signing out.

No comments:

Post a Comment